compare shindaiwa saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swmowarren

Feb 9, 2007
asked local stihl husky shindaiwa dealer how these compare. what do you think he said? looking at 446s

This is one of the hardest to understand posts I ever saw. You really need to be more specific or at least use capital letters and punctuation. A typo here or here is OK, but this is just too much to try to figure out.

Thanks

Carpniels

I like Japanese technology, but they don't hold a candle to the Swedes and Germans when it comes to chainsaws. A big problem is that they don't have a large installed base of loggers in Japan for real-world R&D like they do in Germany & Sweden.

He probably told you ............

Shindaiwa Model: 446

Displacement : 44.6cc / 2.2kW

Power Output: 2.9 hp

RPM: 10,500 rpm

price $669. ( as listed inc GST within Australia)

http://www.cairnsmowercity.com/prod735.htm

Husqvarna 346XP

Displacement: 45.0 / 2.7 cu.inch

Power Output: 3.4 hp / 2.5 kW

RPM: 14,700 rpm

price $426.00 (as listed )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-Chain...ryZ85915QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He probably told you ............ that it was a no brainer and to get the Husvarna 346xp

retail was 329.00 for 446s with 16" bar he threw in extra chain also - both guys at dealer said no comparision shindaiwa was way better. metal case pro saw vs plastic case mid range on stihl saw.

swmowarren said:
retail was 329.00 for 446s with 16" bar he threw in extra chain also - both guys at dealer said no comparision shindaiwa was way better. metal case pro saw vs plastic case mid range on stihl saw.

I dont know about the shindaiwa being a pro saw but the Husqvarna 346XP is a metal case pro saw.
I guess its hard to say sense your didnt mention what saw models except just the name brands.

So shindaiwa 446 vs Husqvarna & Stihl is not enough information. Thats like asking what is better , the Nissan "pathfinder" or Ford & Chevy.

Otherwise i still agree with Eric Johnson on his statement.
Eric Johnson said:
I like Japanese technology, but they don't hold a candle to the Swedes and Germans when it comes to chainsaws. A big problem is that they don't have a large installed base of loggers in Japan for real-world R&D like they do in Germany & Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.