Compressed leaf "log" invention

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Seen threads on the subject before, I know. But I thought some of you you tinkerers out there might want to check out a history channel show on tomorrow. 10PM I think
Looks like these guys made a log splitter modified to compress leaves into a 8" metal tube for waste bio logs or whatever the term is.

At first blush, I can't see the gas/benefit analysis working out, though.
Couldn't find the trailer, but caught it checking out the "Mankind" series, here's the show site:

http://www.history.com/shows/invention-usa/episodes/season-2#slide-7

Reactions: semipro
I saw that also, but question the real world application. The lignens in bio don't start to flow until a much higher pressure than even a big tonnage splitter could produce. That...and there ain't a leaf in my yard. They get blown into the fields after the first wind hits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.