Connecting the liner question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Coyoterun

Dec 11, 2016
Nebraska
Isn't the male connection always down-draft? This says the male connector slides inside the liner tee.
https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/blk-dbl-wall-masonry-sizes.php

Is that the correct way to connect the stove pipe to the chimney liner? You just use furnace cement to seal the connection and that's good enough?

From the site:
Description

The Masonry Adapter mates Double Wall Stove Pipe or Double Wall Elbows directly to the Tee snout of our Stainless Steel Chimney Liner Kit.

The Masonary Adapter has an 8" length male telescoping pipe that will slide inside a tee snout without needing to crimp the tee. The overall length is 11 3/4" - the OD of the collar is 10".

And while we're at it, is that a good brand of double-walled stove pipe?

I contacted Rockford, and asked them about their listing, they agreed it was an incorrect statement/over site and that it should be slid onto the tee...here is the new revised listing-

https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/blk-dbl-wall-masonry-sizes.php

The Masonry Adapter has an 8" length female pipe that will slide over a crimped/male tee snout. The Masonry Adapter needs to slide over the tee snout by a minimum of 2 inches. Firmly attach using 3 self-tapping screws. Keep in mind, the female pipe on the Masonry Adapter can be trimmed if needed. Insert the Masonry Adapter and Tee Snout assembly into the thimble to accept the flexible chimney liner tee body. The overall length of the Masonry Adapter is 12" - the O.D. of the finishing collar is 10".

Thanks for checking into that. I had put off calling Rockford myself until my liner actually got here. But, it is here and it's time to keep moving forward with this project.