Control box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You can’t bypass the control box. What is happening with your stove?

Reactions: kappel15
Ok lets start at the beginning then. Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked the #3 snap disc? removing the feed motor cover, in the hopper. Should be right there. unplug the stove when trying to reset #3 disc! Line voltage is present there!! Is there a Tstat hooked up? if not is there a jumper between the 2 screws

IMG_1058.JPG

Last edited:
Depends on year of stove, and if ceramic nuts are used to hook wires to wire harness. Otherwise, standard igniter should work.. And with the wires shorted out, it could have taken a fuse or worse, the control box with it. And usually if there is no call light, you have a problem with tstat or tstat wires. kap

Normal igniter is good then. kap

Thanks a lot. Can't get parts till the new year
I put an old wood stove i had back in yeSterday.thank god I had it. Water lines froze up and it was minus23 here the last couple of days.. But all is good now so have a merry Christmas

Sorry to hear of the troubles Keebler. But im glad you had the wood stove, you and your family have a great Christmas.

If everything worked but the igniter, you could have started it manually. I would make sure the rest of the stove works before taking out the wood burner. And there is a how to video of how to make a stove work without the control box. Stay warm. kap

If everything worked but the igniter, you could have started it manually. I would make sure the rest of the stove works before taking out the wood burner. And there is a how to video of how to make a stove work without the control box. Stay warm. kap
would that be the one the guy goes to lowes and gets light dimmer rheostats?

Last edited:
Well if it came down to my family staying warm or the pipes bursting in my house i would “hot wire” one up to run. You do what ya have to!

Reactions: kappel15
And if this is your only heat source, I would be stock piling spare parts, so you can fix it without waiting to get parts, or make sure you have another heat source, like you did with the wood stove. kap