Contura i4 Classic FS - minimum mantle distance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Weston84

Sep 15, 2022
Oxfordshire
Hi everyone, we ran across this forum while researching this query- we really hope you can help us!

We have a Contura i4 classic freestanding burner installed in our living room. We would like to fit a wooden mantle shelf, but we’re uncertain what the minimum distance to the mantle must be.

This is a link to the manual, I can’t see this information noted anywhere: https://www.contura.eu/download/18.4b1f5f8d16d93794ec44be/1570626422451/iav_Contura_i4FS_gb.pdf

Many thanks in advance!

This is a good question for the stove mfg. The stove's connector pipe will also have clearance requirements depending on whether it is single or double-walled. One alternative would be to install a non-combustible mantel.