conv. blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey45

Nov 13, 2015
Hagerstown
I have a quadrofire contour pellet stove that i am having a problem with my conv. blower. The conv. Blower keeps on wanting to cycle on / Off after stove runs for a few hours . I have replaced the snap disk already that controls the conv.blower. operation. I was wiggling the wire the wire cluster that runs over to the vac. Switch and the two snap disk on the right side of the stove and that seem like that was causing the blower to cycle back on and off. But at the same time it also seems like it could be the electric connection on the vaccum switch might be causing this . Anybody have any ideas. I also have a spare 2000 high limit snap disk on had that i was thinking about replacing on the stove . But after looking at the one on my stove it has a little red reset tab on it , but my spare snap disk doesn't have the little red rest on it . Does anybody know if this is the same snap disk and if i can use it to replace it out with my current snap disk

Welcome to the forum.

Before Id replace any snap disks I'd unplug the stove and tighten up all the wire connectors by squeezing together the female end of the connector. A pair of needle nose pliers works well for doing this. Try not to break any covers on the terminals if possible. Once tightened see if you have the same issue.

Your better off with a snap disc that can be reset like is on the stove right now. If you put in a one time snap disc then you will need to replace it, if it blows. The resettable ones will alert you that something caused the snap disc to blow and then allow you to check what may of caused it to blow and then either fix any problem or just reset the disk to see if it happens again. They also make automatically resettable disc but that's a whole nother topic.

The only thing that operates the convection fan is the #1 snap disc, and it has power to it all the time. Even with replacing the disc, the wire connections could be loose as Bkins suggested. Try just bypassing the snap disc and jump the wires together for a bit and see how the fan does. If you are running on low, it could be not heating enough to keep the fan going also. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.