Convection Fan won't Turn On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mularaw

Apr 7, 2017
Connecticut
Hello i just have a question regarding my pellet stove. I have a Lopi Yankee Bay pellet insert that started having issues a few days ago.
What happens is i would turn the stove on and the pellets would start dropping like normal and would ignite.

Then after a couple of minutes the stove would turn off and error code wold appear. The red maintenance light and the fourth orange light would be blinking. I cleaned out the stove including the cleanout box and tried to start it again but it didn't start.

I searched this forum before posting and i thought my issue was the snap disc because when i short the ceramic snap disc the convection fan would turn On. I replaced the snap disc and tested again but the convection fan still won't turn On. Any ideas what could be the issue?
Thanks

Try unplugging the stove for a few minutes to reset the control.

Are you sure the snap disc is making a solid connection to the mounting surface? It needs to be in good contact to sense the temperature. It sounds like the snap disc is not being heated enough to snap. However, a couple of minutes is probably not enough time for the stove to heat the disc - mine takes around 5 minutes. That is why I suggest resetting the control - perhaps it's a bit scrambled.

If the passage the snap disc is attached to is dirty (full of ash), that could insulate the disc from the heat, also. When is the last time you thoroughly cleaned the stove?

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

After using a meter i found out that the brand new snap disk i got from the dealer was defective. I could hear it click but did not close the contacts. So i went back to the dealer got it replaced and tested it there with a meter. Stove is back to working order :D

Good work! Brand new and defective - not so good. At least they make it right. Glad you got your heat back!

Reactions: Mularaw