convert fisher stove to pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clmyers07

Hearth Supporter
Feb 13, 2010
Iowa
I want to convert our wood stove (brand name fisher) to a pellet stove. does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to do it?

way to much work. better to just go buy a used pellet stove

It would be like converting your Ford Pinto into an F1 car... there's no way the average homeowner could do it...

Totally agree with Rod and Krooser.

Some things, imo, are JUST NOT PRACTICAL OR COST EFFECTIVE OR SAFE.

Ranger

the old ranger said:
Totally agree with Rod and Krooser.

Ranger

hey, its safe as long as the inspector allows it, or he never inspects it, right?

Wood can be free, pellets never.......why bother, go to rural king and get a $800 pellet stove

the old ranger said:

Ranger

+1...thst fisher (if in good condition)is worth @ 800 in the northeast.. put it on craigslist, then buy a pellet stove.. w/ the tax credit it should work out all even 4 u.

summit said:
the old ranger said:

Ranger

+1...thst fisher (if in good condition)is worth @ 800 in the northeast.. put it on craigslist, then buy a pellet stove.. w/ the tax credit it should work out all even 4 u.
$800 for a fisher? I would not wish an out law smoke dragon like fisher in any of my neighbors homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.