Correct auger motor for Whitfield quest pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mk510

Dec 6, 2020
Wi
Hello I’m trying to dial in my pellet to air ratio. So when I turn my damper all the way down and tried to keep the flame burning correctly I have to turn the pellet auger all the way up and it still can’t keep up After about 15 minutes the burn pot is almost empty. So I take out the exhaust motor assembly the damper door is missing about a quarter of an inch on both sides looks like it’s just may be disintegrating with age of machine .I did see that they make an upgrade kit for the damper but also I suspect they may have the wrong auger motor it’s a 1 RPM and I think I should have a 2 RPM for the fact that the pellets can’t keep up so for now to fix a damper problem I blocked off the air intake just a little bit and now I seem to have some control over the damper not much but some but the pallet auger has to be turned up all the way and it barely keeps up does anybody know the correct RPM motor for the auger and has anybody had any issues with the damper door starting to disintegrate. Thanks Mark

Reactions: Ssyko
no i believe they were 1 RPM but the damper does sounds like it needs replacing. it is an old stove and things deteriorate. you could make one or 50 buck buy a new one but it should be replaced. you could use tape over the intake tube temporarily .