Country Flame BBF1 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Charliegirl2016

Feb 26, 2021
Payson, Az
country flame bbf1.jpg

Is it normal to have cold air come through all the screened areas? I have a towel over the top two sections above the stove and aluminum foil on each side and underneath the stove. Not to mention cold air that comes in between the outer box and the insert. A roofer made sure that the ring around the chimney is secure, and that the top is secure, as I have had rain come down on top of the box. Thanks.

Do you have a liner? If so do you have a block off plate?

I don't know what a liner would look like, but I know that the insert sits inside a box that has vent on all for sides that matches the stove. If that's not a liner, could you explain what it would look like?

A liner is the flu inside the chimney that stove should have a stainless steel 8" liner. Is the Insert in a metal box or is that trim pieces around it? You may want to have chimney sweep inspect it. Th e best a safest practice to use an insert would be have an insulated liner with a block off plate installed in the fireplace just above the insert.

The square box is a chimney adapter is there a pipe coming out of the top of that?

I guess the first question I should have asked is do you burn wood in this fireplace insert or plan on using it?

This is a Country Flame BBF1 wood stove from the 80s that I've used for five years. A stove pipe is connected and I used the term chimney in error. A wood fascia houses the stove pipe that goes up 20'.

I'm trying to figure out how to stop the cold air from blowing into the house when the fire isn't active. In the past I've put a blanket over the front to stop the flow.

This is a Country Flame BBF1 wood stove from the 80s that I've used for five years. A stove pipe is connected and I used the term chimney in error. A wood fascia houses the stove pipe that goes up 20'.

I'm trying to figure out how to stop the cold air from blowing into the house when the fire isn't active. In the past I've put a blanket over the front to stop the flow.

To me it almost sounds and looks like its installed in a zero clearance fireplace I can't tell if it is or if that is trim. If that is in a zero clearance that is not allowed according to page 30 of the manual. I would strongly suggest calling a licensed reputable chimney sweep to do an inspection.
NOTE: The Model BBF catalytic stove is not approved
for installation into a zero clearance fireplace. Refer to the MODEL BBF (Freestanding/Insert) section for the Model
BBF stove specifications. Please contact Country Flame or one of its local authorized dealers to resolve any installation
issue, request further assistance, or obtain the latest recommended procedure