Country stove identification help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

J.stewart

Feb 27, 2023
Washington
So I bought a house that came with a wood stove. I was told that it doesn’t work. It says country on the front and the tag on the side isn’t really readable. Looks like it says country wood stove?? The only thing I can read is the serial number. Basically im trying to figure out what model it is so can figure out if i can fix it. Or if it just needs new bricks and a gasket. Any help would be appreciated

I’ve tried looking it up by serial number have gotten no where also

A picture or two would help

Here you go

7150AD5C-CFC3-4D8B-895C-FFF1CBF2900E.jpeg 5A087D70-8009-4DD1-A561-59CC99A16B90.jpeg 885C8995-EAB5-4115-8A64-C4BBDDC76D62.jpeg 6EE1D1E7-EBF4-4294-8765-5FF5A55E46FB.jpeg

Ok, that is a very early version. It looks like the model is a Country Box based on what is legible on the label. I'm guessing this is from the 70's. The baffle is completely shot as evidenced by the big hole burned out in the middle. It should be replaced. The odds are that one can not be purchased, so it would take a metal shop to cut one for you out of similar gauge steel.