Covered my UGLY grills

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
I always hated the industrial look of the vent grills on either side of my masonry fireplace. Now that I have the Summit insert they no longer served a purpose, so I could cover them. My wife found a frame that fits not too badly, and I have a thing for moose (especially barbecued) , ;-P
so here is how I covered them. I wrestled with how to attach these, with the idea that someday I might want to change the graphic. It was my wife who once again came through by saying " The grills are metal aren't they? Use sticky magnets."

Smart girl, but hey, look who she married......

Attachments

• Grill1.jpg
    Grill1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 722
  • Grill2.jpg
    Grill2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 727
Very clever, and a great finish to a great install. Loved the picture story that you provided for us.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.