Cubex pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jtakeman said:
Taking a run there monday, I going to get some cubex and some Spruce's.

Hemi,

You try them yet??

jay
i just poured the spruces in 10 minutes ago...u got me so curious about the softwood i had to try them first....very light colored compared to the ligs, and more of a sawdusty type fine....more then the usual but not to bad....i'll keep comin back and reportin what i find......

HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:
Taking a run there monday, I going to get some cubex and some Spruce's.

Hemi,

You try them yet??

jay
i just poured the spruces in 10 minutes ago...u got me so curious about the softwood i had to try them first....very light colored compared to the ligs, and more of a sawdusty type fine....more then the usual but not to bad....i'll keep comin back and reportin what i find......BTW when u leave burntime and u get to the light....take a left as if u were to head to ESPN and about 1/2 mile on the right is a gas station with okanagans....looked like a decent supply to.

there's a hardware store here in Naugatuck I went to this morning, Ed's hardware supply, they have lignetics hardwood (green lettering) for $290/ton and $6.50/bag.

I never tried this brand so I got a bag just to confirm what many peeps here claim about the ligs quality.

Right now cleaned the stove and poured the Fireside Ultras, 1 bag from HD, hopefully should be able to try overnight...these pellets are very small and fines in the bag are more than the Greene Team Gold Premium..

/

geek said:
there's a hardware store here in Naugatuck I went to this morning, Ed's hardware supply, they have lignetics hardwood (green lettering) for $290/ton and $6.50/bag.........

YIKES! :gulp:

macman said:
geek said:
there's a hardware store here in Naugatuck I went to this morning, Ed's hardware supply, they have lignetics hardwood (green lettering) for $290/ton and $6.50/bag.........

YIKES! :gulp:

That's about average for us macman. Hard to get a proven performer for much less where we are at!

I will cost you $270 or better for something good!

jay

yeah.....

I bought a bag just to see how my stove likes it.....

I know this topic is about Cubex but this local dealer (13 miles away) has Energex Hardwood for $285.00 and the Greene Team Gold Premium for a little less at $280, are the Energex THAT good??

I am beginning to believe the Ligs had a fiber issue this year. We might have us some sub par Ligs out there.Hardwoods anyway/

I don't know for sure. But have another friend that is having issues. The dealer is going to exchange them. Don't know what he's getting in return.

Just FYI.
jay

if i find good luck with these cubex or spruce points i'm thinkin i'm stock up on those and sell the lignetics. I'm sure there are still some lig lovers out there. spruces are bunin good so far but flame seems to be a little lazy....and yes i have the air up high

But it did fine on the fireside Ultra's?

You stove sounds like its a picky one.

I haven't burned the firesides yet. Will go in the stove next. If the firesides are better than the Spruce Pointes? I will eat my hat! I would not expect that.

Hemi, You have to go with what the stove wants. If the firesides are the ticket lucky you. Cheaper than the spruces anyway!

jay

jay, boy were you right about cubex and the heat they put out.......my dog always lays in front of the stove when its on...he lasted 2 hours and left the room...LOL

great pellet...thx

found out this afternoon that a local supplier here will have CUBEX available in early november @ 319. whiich is a good price for this area. AM WAITING.........................

WOW $319=OUCH!

Cubex are good, But What else you got around you? Has to be a Canadian pellet near you cheaper than that.

jtakeman said:
WOW $319=OUCH!

Cubex are good, But What else you got around you? Has to be a Canadian pellet near you cheaper than that.

Cubex come from Quebec.

I've got 2 bags from last season I'm saving for a special occasion, like the first -20 deg. night this winter.

jtakeman said:
WOW $319=OUCH!

The only thing else available are softwoods named Premium from British Columbia. Thats what I have now (4 tons) as they were the only thing available. They were $5.99 pb when I got them. Seem to burn well but don't have as much heat as I would like. Being a newbie not
sure what to expect. Right now oil is about $3.10 a gallon. The local Canadian Tire Store has Maine Woods which according to what I have read here are pftttttt. CT has them for 6.99 a bag. Choice is limited in this area, so I fly with what I got....................

I've been burning for10 days now here in central Maine. Been cold at night. Lowes has been carrying "Premier Pellets" from Quebec. The rep at Lowes claims they are the same as Energex. Either way, I'm having great luck with them. Clean and hot. I'm getting them for 4.83 a bag 242. ton with a military ID. Great bang for buck value. Got 10 bags of Cubies at Rockys stove shop in Augusta just to try out. Just loaded a bag in the stove. Too warm to burn tonight.

I have burned both Cubex and Spruce. good heat from both In my PF 100 furnace. i like the spruce better. alot less cleaning. once every 2 weeks with Cubex. 3 time the hole winter with Spruce.

Pelletinfo.com said:
What is the moisture content of Cubex pellets? Since higher moisture = less heat and more cleaning, it is one of the prime criteria to select a pellet to me.

Thx
Pelletinfo
<5%

Status
Not open for further replies.