Curran Renewable Energy in Massena, NY granted certification from Pellet Fuels Institute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran Renewable Energy, and New England Wood Pellet, Jaffrey, N.H.are the only 2 certified. Does that mean they don't get the so called spot checks? I find this rather hard to swallow. 2 of the so so brands get top billing. Go figure! Whats next Inferno's? What little faith I had left in PFI is heading south! ;sick

I get a kick out of his comments though.

Mr. Curran said that although not every company is certified, all are able to compete and sell their products. However, he said that as time goes on, the public will become more aware of the institute’s designation and will look for the standard on the bags they purchase.
“When a person is paying for his heat, he really wants to make sure that he’s getting what he’s paying for,” he said. “If we want this industry to grow, we have to provide the best product we possibly can, or this industry is just going to stop in its tracks.”

IMHO, If they don't sell a good product to the public, its more like they go under, Cus the pellet Industry has plenty of other good suppliers that provide what we the public want and business for them is thriving. Frankly I could give a hoot if the PFI label is on the bag after reading this.

They were smart to be the first ones....the novice will believe this designation equals superiority to other brands . It always pays as a consumer to be informed

Great!!!
More PFI hogwash/moose spit, chicken piss.

Just what the Pellet World needs.

<insert snicker, place tounge in cheek and bite down!>

It's gonna be AWESOME when we get PFI mandated regulations.
See a future like what SawStop tried to do with Tablesaws.

Rant off.
---Nailer---

I found "Mr. Currans" comments to be hilarious.

Reactions: jtakeman
Just remember, "aspartame" is FDA certified for human consumption too....

Status
Not open for further replies.