Curves . . . the OTHER kind . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Just a little background:

We heat ~4k[\], of new construction, of which ~600 is an attached garage. All heat is pex radient. Prior to the first date on the graph, the residence was not finished above grade, so we heated the basement (~1200[\]) only, and that with a propane 40 gal DHW heater. At that time the DHW was provided with a second 40 gal tank. In Oct 2005 we installed a Viessmann Vitola 100, with a 50-gal Vitocell indirect.

The X axis is scaled at 30-day intervals. The burner is a Riello 40 F5, .75 - 1.5 GPH. The graph will not tell you anything about usage before the GreenWood install because I was not recording prior to that point.

If you get nothing else from the graph, laugh at the poor bass turd that used to sell me oil :lol:

The second graph shows the difference between my first season with the GW and my second(incomplete). I think the best thing here is to see how much better the second year is going. I actually am running with the burner unplugged this year, though as you can see I had to fire it up a few times due to OE. And will need to for a few trips too.

For any newbies that are frustrated with your units. . .hang in there. The learning curve is steep, but the payoff is suhhweeeet!

Attachments

• FullCurve.gif
    FullCurve.gif
    124.9 KB · Views: 363
  • SegmentCurve.gif
    SegmentCurve.gif
    107.9 KB · Views: 357
Congrats, How much oil does this represent on the left?

Status
Not open for further replies.