Cyberpower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Watch your cyber power backups... Have had one on my stove for about a year now and randomly it would kick on and the stove would briefly fire up.. I thought it was just a surge that was not effecting anything else in the house. But tonight it did it again and the stove has been off for weeks never had this issue when i had the power bar.. I figured since the stove was off for the season i would grab my small tower fan and hook it up and run down the battery. In about 20 seconds the time started counting down like a fast clock and then leveled out briefly at the 1/2 way mark. I then noticed the fan shut off well low and behold the cyberpower fried my tower fan must have taken out the circuit board as their was no burning smell of a fried motor. Sorta pissed you buy a product to protect your equipment and it damages them, Stove seems fine i plugged it into the wall and it powered up as normal. Tomorrow when its cooler ill fire it up and let it complete a startup and give it the year end cleaning

My 'cyberpower' is a 27KW diesel powered standby out by the shop....lol

LOL... since i removed it the stove has not mysteriously flashed on. Sucks as the thing was not even a year old but not going to waste my time on warranty...