danfoss valve ??????? and circ pumps???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvanhat

Jul 3, 2008
upstate ny
i got my danfoss valve today and was looking it over. i have a "T" with a big spring in it and a thermostat in a bag. thermostat wontgo inany end of the 'T" so i take iti have to take off the one cover, remove the spring and install the thermostat??? i did not get any instructions on that to do with the thermostat. also what is everybody using for circulator pumps for the primaryloop?? i am going to have about 15-20 feet of 1 1/2pipe with a 500gallon take ona eko60. thanks in advance

There is a brochure with some info here: http://www.newhorizoncorp.com/danfossvalve.php Not sure if that will help or not. I have a Termovar valve and it came assembled. I am using Grundfos 15-58 3 speed pump in my system. I like the ability to adjust the speeds to balance the system after install.

I have a EKO 40 and about 100 total feet of 1 1/4 pipe and the 15-58 works for me. I think it is a great pump for your application. I live in Upstate also and fired my EKO 40 tonight for the second time since instalation. It looks like I will get to burn it all week to keep the chill off and give it a shake down cruise. Where in Upstate are you?

i had a question on the danfoss valve. does it totally stop the flow to the system or mix it with the bypass loop? i would think the danfoss would have been assembled when you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.