Danson Acutron II no convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tim_ martell

Nov 22, 2017
Wells, maine
I have a Canadian comfort pellet stove with the acutron II CB. I've read in threads that the convection fan should come on at startup but it does not. Nor will it come on after the proof of fire switch engages and the cb it's past it's startup mode and in full run mode. It will however run when the f140 switch closes(I jumped it). I measured the voltage to the fan without jumping the 140 switch and it says I have full line voltage 120v to the fan. Any ideas?

download (1).jpeg

Do you have line voltage on both sides of the motor? What is the voltage from one motor lead to the other?

What does it measure with the motor connected? Various wiring methods can give misleading readings with the motor disconnected (no load on the circuit).