Danson Glowboy Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyronian

Jan 8, 2008
UT
Does anyone know anything about these stoves? I see little on this forum about them but I am being told they are an excellent "name-brand" stove brand.

Thoughts? Does anyone own one? Anything about the company? Is it a solid company. I am told I will have no trouble getting service/parts/etc.

Thanks for everything!

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13247/

is a recent thread from one forum member who has one - I think a couple other do.

Again, this seems to be a hardware store and .com (mail-order) brand as opposed to a "name brand".....I guess it depends on what you mean by name brand! I have seen them for years at trade shows, but I never knew any dealers that carried them. Does not mean they are not a good stove - I honestly don't know, but with a name like "Cheap Charlie", I do assume they are appealing to a certain customer segment. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe certain stoves are popular in one region and others in another, but the real "name brands" (as stove dealers tend to know them) are:
Enviro
Travis (Avalon/Lopi)
Harman
Whitfield (not made any longer, I don't think)
Quadrafire
St. Croix
and maybe a few lesser known brands, but companies like Danson are not usually mentioned. Again, does not mean they are not an adequate stove, just that they tend not to be in the showrooms of first tier dealers. Even that is not a measure of anything, but since you specifically asked about "name brand"........

On the other end of the equation, they have been making Pellet stoves for quite a long while, which is IMHO a good thing. Experience counts in this business, and not experience with wood stoves or other products. Pellet stoves are completely different animals.

It's funny, but at our trade shows what usually happens is that 5 or 10 companies will be making pellet stoves or a particular look of wood stoves one year, and next thing you know you come back to the show and 50 booths seem to have stoves copied from them! Economics 101, supply and demand. In this case, I predict a much larger supply of Pellet stoves than the demand for them, so there is likely to be blood in the street as manufacturers and dealer fight for the customer.

Hi. I have about 3 years in running and maintaining these stoves, We have three of them in the family.
Dansons, Makes a good stove in My opinion. All three stoves have burned between 2.5 to3 tons/year and
have needed no repairs with the exception of one control board failure due to a power surge not Dansons fault.
The stoves can burn most premium pellets with little difficulty and can be fine tuned for faster or slower feeding
pellets. The stoves we have are a v50i insert and 2v150 home heaters. Dansons support is good and parts availability
is not an issue. All in all I am very pleased with all three stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.