Darn pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Old models it is in the junction box. Others it is in the auger motor wiring harness. If it is the capacitor, they don't make them any more, and you have to buy a new motor to get one, but some places may still have the capacitor jumper # 230-2150. I have some if you can't find one. If your control box tests out ok, I can send you one to try and see if that is the issue. kap

Reactions: Dpopps
So the stove will start and run for a while as you mentioned the conv. fan starting, and then just quits feeding correct?

So the stove will start and run for a while as you mentioned the conv. fan starting, and then just quits feeding correct?
Yes, I believe so, the guy said he can't find an issue with the box he said try it again I think I will wait till the TC cover comes in should be any day now, then try it again, as I recall it would start and I got a green light and then it would stop feeding and go out, the only way I could keep it going was to keep pushing the button on the side

Ya, if box is ok, either thermocouple not reading temp, or capacitor. Just make sure you unplug stove when removing or installing control box, or you will be buying one of them too. Make sure thermocouple is sticking 3/4 to 1 inch inside pot to get good readings.kap

Well it's been an hour and a half and it is still going I got a red light in the control box and good flame, not sure why its running now but then as long as it starts back up again and again

Well it's been an hour and a half and it is still going I got a red light in the control box and good flame, not sure why its running now but then as long as it starts back up again and again
Thank you for all your help, I don't understand what was corrected, maybe dirty contacts on the control board? but the stove seems to be working good once again

Reactions: bogieb
It's been mentioned by Kap and others that sometimes the connector on the control board loosens or doesn't stay tite for whatever the reason and can cause the stove(s) to do odd things. Maybe the combo of a new cover and getting it possibly into the fire further may of helped also. The thermocouple that is.

Glad it's now working for you.

Check the vacuum switch, I have seen them go bad and then the auger will not turn.