Dealer knowledge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyPellets

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2012
Delaware
I called a dealer for info on the Eurozone Euromax. "yes we have one on the floor" I am going to put it in the basement and also heat the first floor. " Your realize pellet stoves are more used as space heaters? and do you know how big this stove is?" Yes I am aware of the heat out put. " this thing will burn 3 bags of pellets a day". Yes I know that is fine and do you have the plenum kit for it? "never heard of that" Yes they make a plenum so that it can be ducted to an upper level. " let me look in the catalog-pause- Wow never knew that it's $110". "why don't you just get a Harman P68?" Do you have a plenum kit for it? "Not that I know of" By the way we have heated our entire 1600ft first floor for the last 5yrs with a 40,000 BTU pellet stove. "wow that must have saved you some money". The good news is they stock the stove and I thought the price was very reasonable. What is strange is they do not stock the other 2 Eurozone stoves. My local dealer only stocks the Eurostar and it is one the most popular on the floor. Weird.

From the phone call, I'd be worried about dealer support and tech service... Would be worth the effort to pay a visit to talk to the owner or one of the techs... but they may be out servicing those Harman's;lol

I've found sales reps have just enough knowledge to sell the stove. I'd ask to speak to a technician for more details.

I was told by Thelin dealer to contact the company for workings of the pellet stove. About guess how good the support would be.

I was told by Thelin dealer to contact the company for workings of the pellet stove. About guess how good the support would be.

and based on other threads here that wont do ya any good, they will just pass you back to the dealer.

This is generally how it is locally, someone mentioned "talk to a tech" LOL !!right right........they know how to talk on the phone for an hour and let the manufacture troubleshoot the issue, and if pellet stove manufactures are like most company's your "tech" will be talking to a $10 an hour phone jockey !!
Frankly its frustrating, I don't always have the time to research (do somebody else's job) for several hours.

Your better of here or someplace similar online talking to stove guru's !!

Status
Not open for further replies.