Deep cycle marine battery questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambruins

Jun 26, 2008
Chazy, NY
How do I know if my stove (Kozi Cast Iron Previa) is capable of being powered by a deep cycle marine battery?

If my stove is capable do I just need to buy an inverter and hook it up to my battery and plug the stove into it or do I need to buy/do other things? Also, should it be a pure sine wave or a modified sine wave? Thanks.

Thanks.

120 V , 3 Amps = 360 Watts correct? So I would need a 400 watt inverter. Does it have to be a pure sine wave inverter or can I use a modified sine wave inverter?

If your going with the inverter and can afford the pure sine wave, then get it. With a pure wave your stove won't know the difference between being plugged into the wall outlet or plugged into the inverter. Without a stepped or sampled wave, it may work but may not.

There are multiple threads on this topic providing lots of info. Give those a try and see if they help.

Status
Not open for further replies.