Design and layout of new unit.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Elusiv

Jan 16, 2018
Lagrange, ky
I have a floor to ceiling bricked fireplace on the center of my family room wall. Left of the fireplace is a blank wall with a tv. The right side has built in bookcases the butt up againt the fireplace.

The fireplace is being replaced (Majestic Biltmore) and the brick resurfaced with stone veneer.

My dilemna is this...the stone veneer edges/corner pieces will add 1.5" to the left side. The right side, with the bookcase, will not be getting edge pieces.

When they install the fireplace, should i have them install it offset 1" to the left? Or should i leave it centered and just let the left side be wider.

The heathstones will have to be centered to the fireplace. And the corbels for the mantel will flank the fireplace equally. The mantel will be 1.5" wider on the left.

Thanks for any input.

Give or take an inch.....I call that "nominal" measuring. I'd leave it alone. Unless of course you're the type of person that will see that 1" for the rest of your life and let it bother you.