DeVault Fab Weld Piping Company Old Mill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

robweinrich

Oct 2, 2019
Coatesville PA
Hi everybody. I just purchased a DeVault Fab Weld Piping Company, Old Mill 55SI manufactured in August of 1981. It seems to be in great condition. I was looking to know more info about the unit itself. I bought it for a 1500sqft house. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_5664.PNG
    IMG_5664.PNG
    324 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_5666.PNG
    IMG_5666.PNG
    334.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_5665.PNG
    IMG_5665.PNG
    263 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5667.PNG
    IMG_5667.PNG
    276.5 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_5668.PNG
    IMG_5668.PNG
    487.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody. I just purchased a DeVault Fab Weld Piping Company Old Mill Old Mill 55SI manufactured in August of 1981. It seems to be in great condition. I was looking to know more info about the unit itself. I bought it for a 1500sqft house. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
They are pretty solidly built old steel stoves. Not efficient at all but it will put out lots of heat. It is ul listed which is good for insurance purposes. You will need to have a custom boot made to adapt to an insulated liner which will run from the top of the stove out the top of the chimney. It will probably need an 8" liner to match the volume of that outlet.

They are pretty solidly built old steel stoves. Not efficient at all but it will put out lots of heat. It is ul listed which is good for insurance purposes. You will need to have a custom boot made to adapt to an insulated liner which will run from the top of the stove out the top of the chimney. It will probably need an 8" liner to match the volume of that outlet.
Thanks for the info. Question, do you think it has the capacity to heat my 1500sqft house?