Device converts your snowplow to three-point hitch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
This guy came to our inventors club tonight and showed this:

http://www.bajr.net/index.html

An inexpensive 60 lb fabrication which allows anyone with a modern snow plow attachment can easily convert it to do other small chores such as lifting pallets, grading dirt, raking and much more.

I'm posting this link for a number of reasons - one is to get the opinions of all you gear-heads out there. Is there a market for this thing? Certainly it is not up the job of a full tractor, but for the price (less than $400 plus low lost attachments), would folks be open to such an expanded interface for a plow hitch?

I thought it was a pretty neat invention.....

I have used my plow doing similar jobs I have lifted bolders pulled small t stumps used it to back grade loam and lifted many objects.
I like his ideas

Webmaster said:
This guy came to our inventors club tonight and showed this:

http://www.bajr.net/index.html

An inexpensive 60 lb fabrication which allows anyone with a modern snow plow attachment can easily convert it to do other small chores such as lifting pallets, grading dirt, raking and much more.

I'm posting this link for a number of reasons - one is to get the opinions of all you gear-heads out there. Is there a market for this thing? Certainly it is not up the job of a full tractor, but for the price (less than $400 plus low lost attachments), would folks be open to such an expanded interface for a plow hitch?

I thought it was a pretty neat invention.....

...Well there goes another idea I thought of long ago...lol :)

I like it! One suggestion you might want to make to your friend, possibly for "uses" would be a "stiff back" (derrick boom), possibly for "well guys" and those that have to work on/in "structures" (manhole type apps).

...Put a "grapple" on it....and you got a nice little "backyard skidder". :)

Craig, I would suggest an "insert" (self leveling) with a standard "reciever" style receptacle...would be nice for "spotting" trailers and other "wheeled" machinery (air compressors for example) might find a market in various circles (boat yards,landscape, construction, etc)

Nice concept...thanks for pointing it out!

Oh, as per your suggestions, Key - yeah, he thought of lifting motorcycles off the ground for service...etc.

Lots of potential uses. He invented it because he is an amputee and he can easily make this do all kinds of things without having to take out his farm tractors and other machinery (which is harder for him to set up, given his leg situation).

I think it's cool--can't believe it hasn't been done before, but I'm glad your friend has patents. That takes a lot of perseverence...and cash.

Whatever your friend does, I'm sure he already knows not to "partner" with the informercial-using "invention companies."

Has he considered a "demo video" on www.youtube.com? I don't know if you can post commercial-type material, but there do seem to be a fair amount of gearheads there, based on some of the videos I've seen....

I'd like to hear more about this "inventors' club" you belong to. Sounds interesting.

He did make a video of it - It may be online at his site.

The inventors club is in Springfield, and it is cheap to join. It is also one of the few of it's type in the area, as we often have folks come down from VT or NH to join.

Called - Inventors Resource Network

http://www.irnetwork.org/

It's about people helping people - on an informal basis. You can get some good advice from folks who have been there and done that. One of the founding members developed the Bagel Biter (slicer) and has sold over a million of them, others in the org are product scouts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.