Did I do any damage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFAST4U

Feb 27, 2008
Western, RI
other than burning my finger LOL. I was getting ready to go to bed and turned the stove up one level as its getting colder out. I went to grab a drink and came back my stove was out. WTF. Its been running steady since Wendsday. I try and restart it, nothing. I immediatly noticed no pellets were dropping. I unplugged the stove opened the door, checked the pellet shoot, Clear. wiped my finger in the fire pot and yep burned it on the ignitor. One lesson learned. Kept it unplugged and started emptying the hopper found a sheetrock screw had gotten jammed at the top of the auger with some wiggling I got the screw out. still had some pellets in plugged her in and started right up. running good now. Would anything be permantly damaged? seems ok now? been running for about 10 minutes.

St. Croix Afton Bay

Thanks
Shawn

Well its still runnig smooth since my little incident. I guess I did not do any damage.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.