Digging in the yard and found this? Approx 1962

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Sun-Rise Beverage -- Bottle

Buy with Confidence

Drink with Pleasure

Is it worth anything?

Bottle under the authority of Sun-Rise Inc

MIN Contents 10 FL. OZS
Property Of
Coca Cola Bottling Co

Attachments

• CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (1).JPG
    CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (1).JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 170
  • CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (2).JPG
    CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (2).JPG
    609.4 KB · Views: 196
  • CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (3).JPG
    CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (3).JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 194
  • CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (4).JPG
    CocaColaSunriseBottle-1962 (4).JPG
    418.1 KB · Views: 201
The only bottles I've ever found were old clorox bottles ... worth between $10-20 bucks.

Got a collection of bottles dug up in my back yard. This house has been here since at least 1773. Don't think they're worth enough to bother selling, tho.

Got a collection of bottles dug up in my back yard. This house has been here since at least 1773. Don't think they're worth enough to bother selling, tho.

Well that's what I thought. I held on to that old bottle for 25 years before I said to my self: " what the hey I'll find out what it is worth". I sent a picture of it to a guy on the web whose name was "Digger" who told me its worth. The next day a guy came down from the California gold country and bought it from me. "Digger" now charges $3.00 or so for every online estimate and has put out books on bottle appraisals : http://bottlebooks.com/

This guy is honest and accurate.

Btw, if you can find the location of the old out house on your property, you will likely find a lot of old bottles in the ground there. Thats where most of the best bottles are found throughout is country - in old out houses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don2222
My area is relatively "new" for settlement - 1920-30s. Found a couple of "garbage piles" while wandering the fringes of the one property that's near one of the older tourist camps in the area.

Wouldn't mind finding native artifacts but none of those either...

Status
Not open for further replies.