distribution blower for harman p38 or 61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly

Dec 27, 2013
rockwood
I did see on the site a spot where it shows the distributors of the combustion , distribution ,auger motors and the distr, blower was a part # 2c647 Dayton and have located the blower for 50 dollars , the reason I post here is that I see most retailers selling for 160 -170 and the old - you get what you pay for thought comes to mind . just asking if im on the right path here, no diff, in bearings , bushings anyone have any input . I have contacted gleason avery as well and just checking on part numbers that are correct so to order spares . are there differences and what are they or improvements that I should know . When I did speak to GA they did state number changes and they did not expand on the changes other than working with Harman on the changes to combustion and auger . thanks

Surprised none of the Harman owners shared their knowledge on this. Hopefully this will catch someone's attention ... Good luck!

I don't know the update differences but will just offer this much info. Every Dayton motor I have experience with has run long and hard but louder than original unless the original was a Dayton. Best I can tell you. Does that mean all Dayton's are loud ? I don't know, just the ones I have heard were, did/do sound loud. As well as Dayton equipment ( power tools, gas replacement heaters that I have experience with etc.).

I don't know the update differences but will just offer this much info. Every Dayton motor I have experience with has run long and hard but louder than original unless the original was a Dayton. Best I can tell you. Does that mean all Dayton's are loud ? I don't know, just the ones I have heard were, did/do sound loud. As well as Dayton equipment ( power tools, gas replacement heaters that I have experience with etc.).
Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.