do-it-yoursel pellet stove/ pellet stove retro fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfenzee

Oct 31, 2008
Pacific Northwest
flickr.com
I live on a sailboat in the Pacific Northwest.,I have an old diesel powered cook stove that looks like it would lend itself nicely to a pellet conversion. I just haven't been able to find any information about how to do it. Everything I have found about pellet stoves tells you how to but a complete stove or operate the one you have, the economy we live in is based on buy rather than do. All I really need is the "guts" of a small stove, but everyone would rather just sell you a new stove.

It sounds like you have skills so I would recommend just buying a broken pellet stove from someone and go from there. probably get one cheaper that way rather than having a ton of $$$ in new parts trying to build your own out of an old cookstove. These things are relatively simple with only 3 major components.

Keep searching Craiglist.org and you'll find one pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.