Does anybody know if this fan will fit an envirofire ef2?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OU812

Hearth Supporter
Dec 21, 2008
California
I found this fan on ebay and am thinking about getting it for a back up part but am not sure if this will fit an envirofire ef2. The seller did not know either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRIC-FAN_W0QQitemZ270326416417QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270326416417&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

How old is your stove?

I am new here, but have used pellet stove since about 1999. I too have envirofire ef-2.

Just starting to search to see if there are many of these in use. I could learn a little and maybe help others too.

However, don't know about the motor. I have a good source of replacement motors, most can get in day or two. Have never replaced a motor. I keep them oiled, when the season starts and then again toward spring when I am about a month of burning left.

Only part I remember replacing was a rubber hose that went to O2 sensor if I remember correctly. Had to push a reset button, or possibly replace something electrical. All I remember is it was not a special part if I replaced it (just a hardware store item).

My main blower motor made a slight squeaking noise so kept it oiled and noise went away after about 2 seasons.

Overall, have had great luck w/stove, but find that it is finicke on pellets. Always test then buy 2 or 3 ton and keep about a season ahead on pellets.

I am not sure of it's age but it is an older model. I bought it used and it was a pain to get it going but after having it for a while I can say that the EF2i is a really good stove. They only have a few parts inside that are relatively easy to replace. The model I have doesn't even have a damper but it doesn't seem to need one. It also has an auger timer instead of a circuit board which is much cheaper to replace when needed. It doesn't need a fan now but I was debating getting one as a backup because the price is so good. I read this forum a lot and see discussions about faulty sensors or snap disks and I want to keep my stove going a long time because it doesn't have any of that stuff to deal with. I generally burn Blazer pellets and haven't had any problems with them. I tried lignetics once but they seem to put out a lot more heat and my house gets too hot.

"I tried lignetics once but they seem to put out a lot more heat and my house gets too hot"

Well, of all the potential problems one could have, this one would have to be the most desired!

I like the cold! My wife does not. If it was just me, I think I would use the pellet stove about once a month. Besides, the coldest it gets here is in the low 30's and only at night and early morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.