Does this need a top seal damper?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MoFro624

Oct 13, 2020
Ashley Fireplace Insert. Model# AIB-3624

Long story short. Bought our house in April. Crown needed replacing and there was nothing up top to keep the water out. Bought two Lemance (think i spelled that right) dampers. The fireplace upstairs is just that and down stairs we have the insert. There is no liner and nothing up top to keep the rain out. Can I put a damper on this and does anyone have a instalation guide for this?

Attachments

• Does this need a top seal damper?
    16026349233204767852173718522724.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 174
Ashley Fireplace Insert. Model# AIB-3624

Long story short. Bought our house in April. Crown needed replacing and there was nothing up top to keep the water out. Bought two Lemance (think i spelled that right) dampers. The fireplace upstairs is just that and down stairs we have the insert. There is no liner and nothing up top to keep the rain out. Can I put a damper on this and does anyone have a instalation guide for this?
You need a liner from the stove to the top of the chimney. You can then cap each individual flue or use a multi flue cap