Double barrel wood stove boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

waltercervantes

Sep 3, 2020
Texas
Hey folks.

So i'm in the middle of designing a wood boiler for our place and I"m wondering if anyone out there has done or knows if it's possible to build a double barrel wood boiler to reduce emissions?
I'd love to kind of rocket stove hijack this groan so it burns less wood, still heats well and pollutes less making everything safer all around.

Hey folks.

So i'm in the middle of designing a wood boiler for our place and I"m wondering if anyone out there has done or knows if it's possible to build a double barrel wood boiler to reduce emissions?
I'd love to kind of rocket stove hijack this groan so it burns less wood, still heats well and pollutes less making everything safer all around.
Possible yes. But if you are putting all the effort into building a boiler I would not base it on barrels that really don't last long

I'd like to see a drawing of what you had in mind.

Copy a Garn with old tanks and you will be better of than barrels...
Or copy a gasifier with good steel if you are going to build something

Again, specifically what did you have in mind to build?