Drolet: Austral vs Baltic vs Myriad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MagdalenaP

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2018
Tilbury, ON
All stoves have the same firebox size/btu output. Does anyone have reviews of any of the above?

Thank you in advance.

There have been some past reviews, good basic stoves. The second generation has an improved baffle, thus the II designation. The main difference in this group is that Myriad II is unshielded and has higher clearance requirements because of this. Internally they are all the same.

That's what I'm seeing too. I'm on here researching right now.

Any chance you know if either of them have firebricks that go up to the top? Just reading that the Austral only has them half way up, but that thread was 2015, so I don't know if they've upgraded that since.

I only have the Austral II manual which shows the firebrick up to the baffle. I suspect that would be true for the other two as well. The original Austral/Myriad/Baltic had a welded-in stainless baffle. They switched to C-Cast baffles for the II series which is consistent for most all of the SBI stoves.