Drolet ECO 45 "P" code problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeNezZ

Feb 2, 2011
Fenelon Falls, Ontario
Hi I am having a strange problem with my DP00045-2 SER#2165

the stove was installed in 2008 & has ran fine with exception of the normal ware items like convection a fan every 3 years & igniters every 2.5 seasons & door seal every 3rd season.

last week I started getting a P code error at the flash point of ignition, the stove & chimney have been completely cleaned including the cleanouts & up top of the heat exchanger with a coat hanger, so there is no obstructions in the system.

I thought perhaps the pressure switch was getting weak or oxidized on the contacts because I was getting some bouncy resistance readings both when open & when closed & the "P" code has been more problematic this year

normally when ran on low I have to clean the blower nipple every two weeks & when above low I never have to clean it. This year I have had a P code error every 5 days regardless of the heat setting until last week when it started happening every time the stove ignites, if the pellets catch right away it will be fine but if the firebox fills with smoke then when it ignites a small amount of smoke comes out around the door & the stove shuts down with a P error, I then reset & restart & it runs fine till the next time.

So I just replaced the pressure switch & cut .5" off each end of the hose to ensure a tight seal of the suction hose & that made no difference.

I am beginning to think my computer got screwed up because it got locked up while running about a week & a half ago when the hydro was blinking off & on during an ice storm & all the LED's were lit up at the same time & when I pushed reset the number kept advancing upto 4 than nothing changed everything was still lit up & nothing would rest it so I pulled the plug for 10 seconds then everything seemed to be ok after that, till a few days later in the milder weather when the stove cycles off & on.

so I don't know if I changed the pressure switch sensitivity or if its something else,

I am waiting to hear back from SBI as well but I don't put much faith in them, I asked them if it was possible to change pilot mode to always on my firmware model (VER193) & they replied with a C & P from the online owners manual but they forgot to include the command buttons that I was supposed to push, not that it worked because it did not.

it says to press the auger feed & the negative pellet feed buttons at the same time to change the pilot mode, but nothing happens on my stove so I was asking them if the stove had to be off or in thermostat mode or if it was even an option on my model year & all I got was the BS C&P form the manual, lol

I thought if it would work it would be a temp solution till I solve this problem as manual mode is the only way to keep it going in the milder weather.

any ideas on this would be welcome & if anyone knows how to check the computers default programming setup it may help me rule that in or out as the problem or if you have any other ideas as to what might be causing this.

Thanks, Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.