Drolet Eco 65 proper flame height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clockmanchris

Feb 16, 2020
Ellsworth, Maine
We bought a used early model Drolet Eco65 pellet stove last year and it works ok, but I'm not convinced it's working as it should. I noticed the pellets begin to burn at the auger and not further out on the burn plate. The flame to me is not nearly as tall as I see in other people's videos as it's deeper back in the burn plate, by the auger. I was wondering if the burn plate may have warped as I did see some flame escaping from a gap between the back wall and the burn plate. Should the fire be further out on the burn plate or is it correct? The photos and videos I've seen make it look like the fire should be more toward the front of the plate. Thoughts?

We bought a used early model Drolet Eco65 pellet stove last year and it works ok, but I'm not convinced it's working as it should. I noticed the pellets begin to burn at the auger and not further out on the burn plate. The flame to me is not nearly as tall as I see in other people's videos as it's deeper back in the burn plate, by the auger. I was wondering if the burn plate may have warped as I did see some flame escaping from a gap between the back wall and the burn plate. Should the fire be further out on the burn plate or is it correct? The photos and videos I've seen make it look like the fire should be more toward the front of the plate. Thoughts?
flame is definitely not out to edge of burn plate, post pic or video and I will compare to mine

Bill