Duchwest Federal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDAugie

Jan 28, 2015
Chester County, PA
Hi, I'm having a situation with my Duchwest Federal wood stove. I just had the flue cleaned and installed a new catalytic combustor. Now, when I throw the bypass to go through the combuster, I have to have all the air intakes closed to keep the temp from going past 1600 deg. Before the new combustor, it would rarely go past 1200 even with the side intake open a turn or two. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Did anyone replace or check the gaskets when the work was being done? Whats your chimney like? Where do babies come from?

Did anyone replace or check the gaskets when the work was being done? Whats your chimney like? Where do babies come from?

The door gaskets were replaced when the stove was rebuilt 4-5 years ago. But
Not sure about the bypass gasket. Also after moving it, not sure about all the refractory cement seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.