DuraPlus overhang install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sullivan1993

Sep 11, 2022
Maine
Hello Everyone,

I've lurked for a while thanks for the great content. I bought the DV DP through the wall kit. Issue is I have a 16 inch overhang to clear. The solution I decided on was to build a metal bracket to support the T extended out about 16 inches from the wall.

I decided to cut the black portion of the metal thimble so I could pass class A pipe straight through the wall. When I got done with all this I realized I could not make my transition from DP class A chimney to single wall connector pipe inside. The reason I chose to not connect at the thimble was because I wanted to be able to pass a 3 or 2 foot piece of class A through the wall to do my clearance. Also figured it may be a bit safer than bringing connector pipe flush to the thimble.

My question is would that DP class A pipe cause any issues being run straight from inside to outside? I'm in Maine so we have serious cold. Also, do they make any proper piece to make that connection from DP class A to black connector pipe?

Thanks

This is Selkirk brand. But I do have class a through the wall kit. And a class a through the roof kit on the same chimney. The picture is of the adapter piece from class a to black pipe. So yes they do make them

20221027_062424.jpg