DuraVent dvl adapter on my PE Summit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

baseline

Nov 3, 2022
NY
I'm currently installing some dvl on my PE Summit. The adapter w/ damper does not sit all the way to the top of the stove. It is fouling on the inside. Should it sit like this or do I need to trim some of the crimped end off?

Note: we won't be using the damper during normal stove operation.

Thanks in advance for the help!

20221222_140543.jpg 20221222_140521.jpg

The adapter fit is poor and leaky. I tried it on our Alderlea and the loose fit admitted too much air. I was considering trying it up on the next section of pipe, but not until this cold wave is over. For now, just seat the DVL directly onto the flue collar without the adapter. That fits well. No adapter is needed.

Thanks for the reply!
I ended up peening out the male end of the adapter so that it fit the flue collar better. I had been trying to get it to fit into the inner flange. I couldn't use just the pipe. The diameter of the inner liner is the same as the flue collar.

That's odd. DVL slipped in nicely on an Alderlea LE I helped install a year. Usually, it's a nice fit.

I had thought about hammering out the crimp too but it looked like it still might be sloppy.