Duravent Masonry Adapter Too Short?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

eric1

Oct 9, 2022
Maine
At the direction of posters in my last post I've spent a ton of money and decided to reline and redo my entire chimney setup. First flue is in and I have an issue I didn't forsee. The masonry adapter for the duravent system is too small. This slip pipe does not reach out of my chimney thimble enough to be able to connect the stove. At it's longest it's under 12" with barely overlapping the pipes. I need about 15". Does anyone know of a longer option or should I just use a chunk of normal stove pipe to extend it out? Photos below. Thank you.

PXL_20221025_232735851.MP.jpgPXL_20221025_233048649.jpg

At the direction of posters in my last post I've spent a ton of money and decided to reline and redo my entire chimney setup. First flue is in and I have an issue I didn't forsee. The masonry adapter for the duravent system is too small. This slip pipe does not reach out of my chimney thimble enough to be able to connect the stove. At it's longest it's under 12" with barely overlapping the pipes. I need about 15". Does anyone know of a longer option or should I just use a chunk of normal stove pipe to extend it out? Photos below. Thank you.

View attachment 301375

View attachment 301376
You need a section of stainless pipe. The snout needs to be pulled out the extension riveted on then the whole thing put back

You need a section of stainless pipe. The snout needs to be pulled out the extension riveted on then the whole thing put back
Will any 6" stainless stove pipe be fine? There is nothing to rivet on this one. Just presses and slips together per the instructions.

Edit: I see what you are saying. I should drill and rivet on the extensiont that I make and then put it back in rather than just slip the extension in there.

Will any 6" stainless stove pipe be fine? There is nothing to rivet on this one. Just presses and slips together per the instructions.

Edit: I see what you are saying. I should drill and rivet on the extensiont that I make and then put it back in rather than just slip the extension in there.
What holds that extension in place?

Looks like I'm going to run into the same issue when I start my installation. Did you end up riveting a piece of stainless onto the end of the slip joint? Did the other end of that stainless fit well in the Duravent masonry thimble?

Looks like I'm going to run into the same issue when I start my installation. Did you end up riveting a piece of stainless onto the end of the slip joint? Did the other end of that stainless fit well in the Duravent masonry thimble?
I did end up sectioning in a piece of durablack stainless pipe. Fits just fine. I got a bit longer of one and the one end goes right to the inner slip connector that connects to the snout. The other end I cut off the excess and the stove side of the slip connector slipped right over. I ended up screwing it all together for now as I will need to disassemble somewhat to clean and didn't want to have to drill out rivets. I may eventually rivet it once I've used it for a season and cleaned it out.