Dutchwest 2461 stove with stuck damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kimkats417

Nov 21, 2022
Lincoln NE
The inner web under the damper has either warped or somehow come loose and slid back so that I can barely open and close the damper. I can’t figure out how to remove the damper to see/get at the web to either put it back in place or replace it.

can somebody tell me how to get the daggum damper out so I can get to the web? Many thanks !

Kim K.

Is it the bypass damper that is stiff? If yes, is the top off the stove? I think there is an adjuster on the bypass.

Is it the bypass damper that is stiff? If yes, is the top off the stove? I think there is an adjuster on the bypass.
Yes it’s the bypass damper. The bottom of the damper is scraping on the out-of-place web, and is very hard to flip. I need to take it out and either replace the web or put it back where it belongs. The damper used to work fine til the web got moved out of its proper place. And to get tot the web I need to remove the damper.