E1 E2 error code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jammer48

Jan 21, 2019
ohio
I have an England’s Stove Works PELLET STOVE Model 25PFS with a PU-CB93 control board. The stove
Serial # WHI006299 and was Manufactured 6/97. The old board was an analog board that fried when the lower auger motor froze. I replaced the lower auger motor and the old board with a new digital board model number PU-CB04. Which was the board recommended by England's Stove Works, Inc. When I started up the stove to do a dry run it immediately shows a E1 quickly followed by an E2 error code. In doing my research I found that this refers to a problem with a Vacuum switch. I have looked everywhere and dont believe this year stove has a vacuum switch. I have tried called the number for tech support and keep getting a recording that all reps are busy at this time. I am giving up on tech support and am coming here for help.... I am not even sure that this is the correct circuit board for this year stove. Help!

Last edited:
Yes it is the correct board. If you loock at the bottom of you new board there are 2 surface mount spade connectors you need to make a jumper wire to connect the 2. It is thebypass for vacumm swithches

Yes it is the correct board. If you loock at the bottom of you new board there are 2 surface mount spade connectors you need to make a jumper wire to connect the 2. It is thebypass for vacumm swithches

You know i was thinking I might try that but wanted to check first so i didn't fry the board. Just to be clear... the two spades on the board that the vacuum switch would normally connect to, I should jump both of them?

Check the jumper on the board is connected to both pins that should bypass the vac i had to make a jumper to connect the other two. My board had gone through a surge and cooked some opto’s and triacs so im assuming it also damaged the vac circuit also. Yours should just need the shunt on the 2 pins

Check the jumper on the board is connected to both pins that should bypass the vac i had to make a jumper to connect the other two. My board had gone through a surge and cooked some opto’s and triacs so im assuming it also damaged the vac circuit also. Yours should just need the shunt on the 2 pins

ok i will give that a try and let you know. Thanks

IT WORKS! There was a place on the board for a jumper and I found the jumper in the box! I wish they would have put that info in their generic instructions. THANKS!

Nice! Enjoy the heat :)

Nice! Enjoy the heat :)
Wow! I finally. Put the right question in search and found this thread...I cannot get thru to tech support either...just been trying to hook this cb-04 up on my old 25-pfs for over a year...I've replaced the augers, bearings, convection blowers and combustion blower in the meantime..still using the cb-93 board, the knobs no longer work. It runs too high...but is keeping us warm. Just want to verify what you mean...the jumper wire is one wire connected between the two vac switch pins? Otherwise hook the cb -04 as the instructions state. There wasn't a jumper wire included with mine,.

The jumper for the board would be a small shunt/jumper like on computers (see pic 1) that should either be on the board or taped to the board housing. B146012E-DE65-4FD7-BEC6-864E4E0610F6.jpeg

Thanks! I did find it...it was taped on with a new fuse, that hid the tiny shunt...got it on, so I won't lose it. I will try it as soon as possible!
Very much appreciate your knowledge!