Earth stove retrofit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Herbiemin

Dec 5, 2021
MS
Hi, I have been researching adding a baffle and a secondary air system to my Earth Stove 101 and was wondering if anybody has tackled this project on a similar stove. I think I’ll be able to figure out a design but this stove has a solid door so I’m a little unsure of how to tell if my secondary is working like it should after I get it installed. This stove is around a 1987 model I believe. It was originally bought by my grandfather and used in his house for many years before we got it. Thanks, Kyle

Yes a viewing glass really helps. A good sign that secondary combustion is occurring is the lack of smoke from the chimney. Have you read any of the previous secondary combustion conversion threads?

I have read the other threads that I have found. I was just wondering if anybody had modified this particular stove.