Earth stove tp40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brendanschuler

Dec 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Hello all, I am new to this but I got this old earth stove from my friends father who originally purchased it. I cleaned it all up and fired it outside and runs perfect! I am currently venting it directly to my old wood stove vent which is an 8 inch. He had his chimney lined and ripped the liner out due to it not drafting correctly and it wanted to breathe and worked so much better. I am currently piping it up but trying to figure out some adapters.. I need a 4” to 8” which I found but how can I make an adapter with a small piece of flex to just jog into the chimnea where the flu goes up.. I saw some trims but no way to fasten the trim to my existing chimnea already having a 8 inch hole and the trim being 8.5 inch

Was looking at these 2 options... would just like to connect a small piece of flex to go horizontally the few feet in and angle it upwards to the chimnea ...
D029DBF1-93A9-42D2-9528-FE1040BC02C9.png
241DA596-120D-418B-805F-F539167E5B4A.png

If I use just the 8 to 4 inch I have no way to add a piece of flex to the back and vent it up.. if I use the first on I have no way to fasten the plate to my chimnea face already having a 8 inch hole