Easyblaze softwood pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manly

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2017
CT
Anyone use or familiar with easyblaze softwood pellets. Thanks for your input. Jim

better if I could spell right...:rolleyes:
anyways, I was impressed enough to get a ton late last year and 3 tons this spring..

Interesting. After doing a bit of research, I was able to track down the manufacturer of the Inferno Gold Premium softwood pellets I recently purchased here in CT. Apparently Inferno used to be made in Rhode Island and were bags of dodo from what I have read. These new Inferno Gold pellets are distributed by International Forest Products, a MA company, owned by the Kraft family, owners of the NFL New England Patriots. IFP entered into an exclusive distribution contract with Wood Fuel Developers, VA, the manufacturers of Easyblaze pellets. For reasons unknown to me, IFP chose to take or purchase the name of these once despised pellets, Inferno Gold, and sell the Wood Fuel Developers pellets under the Inferno Gold brand. The only place in CT I have found these Inferno pellets is Big Y grocery chain, based out of MA. I purchased and used these softwood pellets last year and they were clean and burned as well and hot as the Okanagons and LeCretes I had used previously. Much less expensive. They are currently 249.00 a ton or 5.00 by the bag. I purchased mine last spring for 199.00 closeout. I will definitely pick up more towards the end of the season. Hopefully on a sale.

Reactions: Talegas and Tonyray
As far as I’m concerned easy blaze is the only pellet I will burn in my englander 25 pdv . They burn hot and clean with very little ash.

As far as I’m concerned easy blaze is the only pellet I will burn in my englander 25 pdv . They burn hot and clean with very little ash.

If you do see inferno pellets in your area, which doesn't seem likely at this time, you can be certain they are the same product as easyblaze. Haven't been able to fire any up here as the past few weeks have been like summer.

I bought 2 tons of EasyBlaze from Bucks Pellets. I am just wondering why the bags says "Super Premium pellets" which implies <0.5% ash, but the Pellet Fuel Institute label says they actually tested as Premium (>1% Ash). Why the discrepancy???

I bought 2 tons of EasyBlaze from Bucks Pellets. I am just wondering why the bags says "Super Premium pellets" which implies <0.5% ash, but the Pellet Fuel Institute label says they actually tested as Premium (>1% Ash). Why the discrepancy???

I believe this same discrepancy was noted on the Inferno Gold pellets. I will have to check that on mine. Irregardless, I look closely at the amount of fines/dust in the bags, pellet size/consistency, burn/heat quality, and ash quantity/quality. In my experience the Inferno (Easyblaze softwood) matches the LaCrete and Okanagan premium pellets on all counts. I have a small Ravelli stove that thrives on softwood premium pellets. Especially when I can get them without the premium price.

Interesting. After doing a bit of research, I was able to track down the manufacturer of the Inferno Gold Premium softwood pellets I recently purchased here in CT. Apparently Inferno used to be made in Rhode Island and were bags of dodo from what I have read. These new Inferno Gold pellets are distributed by International Forest Products, a MA company, owned by the Kraft family, owners of the NFL New England Patriots. IFP entered into an exclusive distribution contract with Wood Fuel Developers, VA, the manufacturers of Easyblaze pellets. For reasons unknown to me, IFP chose to take or purchase the name of these once despised pellets, Inferno Gold, and sell the Wood Fuel Developers pellets under the Inferno Gold brand. The only place in CT I have found these Inferno pellets is Big Y grocery chain, based out of MA. I purchased and used these softwood pellets last year and they were clean and burned as well and hot as the Okanagons and LeCretes I had used previously. Much less expensive. They are currently 249.00 a ton or 5.00 by the bag. I purchased mine last spring for 199.00 closeout. I will definitely pick up more towards the end of the season. Hopefully on a sale.

I think i saw bags of inferno gold being sold at Lowes.. i'll visit it and double check, altho the price per bag was 5.19 or 259.5 a ton (yes, they do not give you discount for buying a ton vs per bag at least in the metro west area of Mass)

I think i saw bags of inferno gold being sold at Lowes.. i'll visit it and double check, altho the price per bag was 5.19 or 259.5 a ton (yes, they do not give you discount for buying a ton vs per bag at least in the metro west area of Mass)

Do you have Big Y grocery in your area. They should be 249.00/ton if you are near one. Not sure if they all do carry pellets. I like Big Y and it is a locally owned company [Springfield].

Do you have Big Y grocery in your area. They should be 249.00/ton if you are near one. Not sure if they all do carry pellets. I like Big Y and it is a locally owned company [Springfield].

There are 3 around this area.. i'll check them out.

So I checked in a Lowes store and they do have those Inferno Gold pellets. Altho it seems to be from last year as i could not see many pallets and they even had "as is" bags being sold at 5.19 per bag (the ton was 259.5).

I also called one of the 3 BigYs around here and they do carry the Inferno pellets at 4.99 per bag (that is 249.5 the ton). So if they still have available during the winter (or maybe a bit before) i'll go and buy a few bags from BigY and compare them to the Okies Platinum and even Logik-E.

So I checked in a Lowes store and they do have those Inferno Gold pellets. Altho it seems to be from last year as i could not see many pallets and they even had "as is" bags being sold at 5.19 per bag (the ton was 259.5).

I also called one of the 3 BigYs around here and they do carry the Inferno pellets at 4.99 per bag (that is 249.5 the ton). So if they still have available during the winter (or maybe a bit before) i'll go and buy a few bags from BigY and compare them to the Okies Platinum and even Logik-E.

Let us know what you think of them if you do try them. The Big Y in our area had them in stock all last winter and into spring. The are stored in front of the store on the main walkway under full overhead cover. They stay dry and unmolested. I can drive right up and load into my one ton Tacoma.

Who would have thought that Big-Y would have quality pellets? Not me! I’ll pick up a few bags and give em a shot.

Who would have thought that Big-Y would have quality pellets? Not me! I’ll pick up a few bags and give em a shot.

Please do report back with your findings. I am burning them this morning as it finally chilled of here in CT. I am a novice of sorts only going in to my second full season of pellets. Have only burned LeCrete, Okanagan and Inferno in my Ravelli Francesca. All three pretty much equal in quality and performance. Have been a wood burner all my life; still do if it ever gets cold enough.

Reactions: jackhammer
Please do report back with your findings. I am burning them this morning as it finally chilled of here in CT. I am a novice of sorts only going in to my second full season of pellets. Have only burned LeCrete, Okanagan and Inferno in my Ravelli Francesca. All three pretty much equal in quality and performance. Have been a wood burner all my life; still do if it ever gets cold enough.
used my pellet stove during the polar vortex few years ago..
we we're plenty warm with pellet burning.

We have a Ravelli Francesca in our dining room. It's a small stove that heats the dining and kitchen area nicely n the coldest of days. Still need the wood stove in the family room to heat most of the rest of the house. We like the Ravelli stove but would have purchased a larger model in hine sight.

Well, I did get 8 bags from big Y but i'm still waiting for a good cold day to burn the first bad. i'm still using electric baseboard to keep house at 70 and quite comfy. I'm starting to think that it could have been overkill to buy the pellet stove, lol

Well, I did get 8 bags from big Y but i'm still waiting for a good cold day to burn the first bad. i'm still using electric baseboard to keep house at 70 and quite comfy. I'm starting to think that it could have been overkill to buy the pellet stove, lol
let us know when the cold hits...:cool:::P

I've had some chilly mornings here over the past couple of weeks. Look the cold is setting in for a while. I have gone through a few bags thus far. They are burning great; hot and clean. Little ash and no clinkers.

Reactions: Talegas
Update : So I have now burnt about 6 bags of Easy Blaze, and cleaned the stove fore the first time this year, they burn very very clean, cleaner than last years LeCretes, which were very good.... I am a happy camper....

Reactions: Pellet rick
Update : So I have now burnt about 6 bags of Easy Blaze, and cleaned the stove fore the first time this year, they burn very very clean, cleaner than last years LeCretes, which were very good.... I am a happy camper....

Good to hear. It has finally turned cold here and we have been firing up pellets each morning. Your results with Easy Blaze reinforces my thoughts that the Inferno Gold are in fact the same pellet as Easy Blaze. I find the Inferno Gold equal to or better than Okanagan and LeCrete.