EBT2 reliability & functionality, especially compared to linked secondary air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EBT2 is a success

• Yes, it works great

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, the secondary linked air control was better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It works great, but too early to tell on durability

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mar13

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2018
California redwood coast
I see a lot of praise for PE's Super/T5 series' linked secondary air control for good long burns. However, as described in the link ( https://chimneysweeponline.com/hoebt.htm ), PE had to come up with a different method for their larger stoves to achieve good long burns. Currently, I believe this is what they call the "EBT2" (extended burn technology). I've read some posts where some of you describe strategies for working with the EBT2.

I'm wondering about how reliable & robust you all think this extended burn technology is, especially the latest version. It seems like the PE has a bomb proof system for their smaller stoves, so I am also asking if this EBT2 attempt to match the success of the their linked secondary air control for the Super series is a success?

Opinions?

It's a very simple mechanism. Durability should be quite good.

Im on my 3rd season with my FP30 and no issues with the EBT2. Seems to be working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 3rd season also, but I'm not sure If I'd know if it wasn't doing its thing. She's still going enough in morning to fire up so that works for me.