eco 45 tubeaxial blower wont shut off after cooling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
hi guys, couple days ago the tubeaxial blower power cord melt on the casing of the fan and it short the stove. After i figured it out the problem, the fan looks like it shorted. So now the stove runs on one fan only until i received the other one. The problem is when the stoved shut off the fan wont stop after the stove is cooled down i have to unplug it. I reset the snap something sensor. I was reading about the thermistor that control the heat. Im just wondering if this happen to someone or the problem is cause because the fan that dont work cause this problem.
Thanks

One possibility is that when the cord shorted, it damaged the triac or relay that controls the motor. If you have a snap disc for the low temperature sensor, unplug the stove, disconnect a wire from the disc, and plug the stove in. If the motor runs, your problem is likely not the snap disc. Make sure you're disconnecting the correct snap disc, for accurate results.

My guess would be, then, that whatever controls the motor has shorted, be it a triac or relay. It's an inexpensive fix if you can solder/unsolder on a circuit board. Otherwise, you could send the board out for repair. I'm hoping someone else will chime in with more ideas, or at least a confirmation.

Have to change the fuse you will thing that will save to burn something on the board. When I unplugged the snap disc that control the intake and exhaust fan so thats not controlling the heat fan

I will wait to received the other fan and with both fans if it still running will the stove is off I'll unplug everything to see if it still running well the only thing left will be the board