EFEL Kamina Mark II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leadsinger

Jun 9, 2015
Northeast PA
I recently acquired an Efel Kamina Mark II in very good condition. I've owned, built, and installed wood burning stoves in the past, and need some information about this model.
1) Is it feasible to replace the 13 individual glass panes with a single glass "window"?
2) Can the stove be operated without the perforated metal screen affixed to the metal frame that holds the glass panes?
3) What's the accepted way to remove creosote buildup from the glass panes?
4) I've searched the 'net for suppliers of replacement parts and essentially found Woodsman's as the prime source. Their parts diagram/photo for this stove is a bit confusing in that there are different parts with the same call outs and that the 2 photos are blurry and difficult to understand. Any comments or suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

It's probably "possible". You would need to create a new glass frame, attach and seal it to the current door frame. I would keep the metal screen if you keep the current glass. It's a decent heater. To clean the glass try burning a hot fire with nice, fully seasoned dry wood to burn off the creosote. It will burn much cleaner if you don't let the fire smolder. Avoiding burning unseasoned wood will help a lot. For oak and hickory that usually means wood that has seasoned for at least 2 years after being split and stacked.

Call Woodmans and ask if they can send you a clearer copy of the parts diagram. My guess would be that they show both the Mk I and Mk II parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.