effecta smart 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hyfire

Minister of Fire
Aug 3, 2013
Ont, Canada
Hi, are the effecta smart boilers still available to purchase in North America -Canada? Or did they get stopped by the EPA?

Hi, are the effecta smart boilers still available to purchase in North America -Canada? Or did they get stopped by the EPA?
Not sure about Canada but my understanding is Effecta decided not to pursue the latest EPA approval for the US. I know Tarm Biomass had closeout pricing on them early this year and they are no longer listed on their site.

Seems like I am out of luck no stock anywhere even in they are allowed in Canada.
They looked like a very good design. Are they still being manufactured?

Yes, In sweden you would have to get a distributor to order some in and not sure if they would order just 1 unit.

Im tempted to buy a mbtek uni.30 good or bad idea?? No border hassles.
Don't expect it to perform like a true gasser. It is more of a triple pass type. I personally wouldn't be afraid to try one. (Providing you design your system to allow swapping it out if you don't like it.) Expect some creosote and lower efficiency than they claim. I'm sure they work. The question is how well?
If you go that route be sure to start a new thread here!

Meant to say mbtek uni35. I need start a new thread your right.
I only meant that there isn't much info on this forum relating to the Uni boilers, mostly speculation. If you get one, keep us posted. Have you been on their webpage? They list contact info for some previous customers. If you have questions I'd make use of that info.