EKO 115V or 230V ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Oct 18, 2008
Nebraska
Wiring my new pole barn to set up the new EKO 40 still in the crate. Installation Manual & website shows 230V in one place but then 115V next to controller diagram. The sticker on back of boiler does say 115V so I'm guessing the US controller (and fans?) was changed to accept 115V. Can anyone confirm this for sure? Wiring a dedicated breaker to the stove and pondering backup power possibilities discussed in another boiler room thread. I have about 2 weeks off work and hope to get baby rolling in the pole barn. I can't believe I didn't put pex in the floor like I originally planned. Will just have to live with hot air handler now (and a cold floor).

I bought my 40 in 06 and the conversion to 110/120 was already implemented and I have the older controller which reads in Celsius/centigrade.

I bought mine this year and had the same question. As long as your sticker on the back says 115v you are good to go. Good luck with your install!

stee6043 said:
I bought mine this year and had the same question. As long as your sticker on the back says 115v you are good to go. Good luck with your install!

Thanks all. I've been reading the forum for awhile and have picked up many ideas as well as saved myself some headaches. Goal for me right now is get heat going in the pole barn (temp home for our travel trailer where we are living until new home complete) to get us through the rest of winter. This summer I will bury the insulated line to home, install water to air hx, add sidearm to DHW, add temp sensors & controls?, and try some staple up radiant at least over the tiled areas. I picked up 2 smaller (~25K BTU) water coil heaters off Ebay for pole barn. A guy at work with some plumbing knowledge recommended not putting a water to air hx directly in the air handler for the heat pump (cause too much resistance for that system) but instead using a second air handler cabinet in parellel tied in above. Anyone have experience with this? I don't believe anyone on the water to air hx thread a few weeks ago was using a parallel setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.