EKO 25 push start and says fire but no blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugar

Oct 12, 2008
East central KS
what's my problem or how to diagnose. replaced a capacitor a few years ago and am not sure if this is the same issue or not.
Think the fan may have been speeding up a little extra slow lately but not really sure, may just be my super senses. Had let the boiler run out of wood yesterday and cool down for the first time this season. Maybe just odd luck that this is when something goes wrong. One more note is I have a direct wire to circulator to override for freeze protection with no plug or switch, just two bare wires I stick into a socket ( I know not smart ). Prior to starting boiler I plugged them in backwards and had a quick spark. Reversed it and it worked fine. Changed out fuse on controller but it was fine. Controller seems fine. Press start and goes to fire but fan dose not respond at all.

Thanks guys

You could check to confirm that power is being sent to the fan by checking the output to the fan with a meter. That would narrow it down.

Have you tried to give the fan a little nudge to see if it's frozen in place?

gave a nudge with nothing. in doing so accidentally bumped the blue thing hanging down (capacitor I think I replaced a few years ago and it sparked against one of the cover pins. I'll go borrow a meter and check voltage

finally got a volt meter. I have 110 to the fan and there is a third wire, I assume control It has 110 both with the boiler idle and fire. The hang down piece (capacitor I believe) has 110 to it and through it. Do all roads lead to new fan. It confuses me that the control wire is hot both at idle and fire. or is that wire a safety ground and the fan is shorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.